The Feed to Post add-on gives you the ability to import feed items and store them as WordPress Posts, or any other custom post type that you have created using a third-party plugin or theme.
It comes with a number of customization features, and also includes the ability to import full content* from RSS feeds that only provide a short excerpt (limited to the free services when not using our premium Full Text RSS Feeds service along with Feed to Post).
Our Feed to Post add-on is the perfect tool for you if you want your site to be automatically populated with content from other sources.
Just take a look at what’s possible using a good theme and our Feed to Post add-on by checking out our own demonstration websites.
IMPORTANT: The WP RSS Aggregator shortcode is no longer used when using the Feed to Post add-on and importing as Posts or any other Custom Post Type.
Take Feed to Post on a test drive to see its true power. If you need any help in getting things up and running or implementing a certain feature just hit us up via a pre-sales support ticket.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the demo site is for the full Advanced Feeds Bundle, meaning it also makes use of the Full-Text RSS Feeds and Keyword Filtering add-ons. In order to test the Feed to Post add-on only, you must change the general full-text service to Free Services.
- Import feed items into Posts or any other Custom Post Type
- Schedule and stagger feed imports — Learn more
- Automatically import and set a featured image — Learn more
- Set post status (Published, Draft, etc) — Learn more
- Set post format (Standard, Video, etc) — Learn more
- Custom link back to the original source — Learn more
- Set outgoing links as no-follow
- Embedding of videos in feeds
- Force full text import(*) for feed sources that provide excerpts — Learn more
- Automatic creating and setting of categories and tags — Learn more
- Automatic creation and setting of authors — Learn more
- Limit or Trim the words in the content or excerpt — Learn more
- Prepend/Append text or images to the content — Learn more
- Import videos from YouTube, Vimeo, etc
- Import embedded content from the original source
- Remove unwanted elements from imported content — Learn more
- Import data from any RSS tags into post meta fields — Learn more
- WPML compatible
- Multisite compatible
What can I do with Feed to Post?
- Create an auto blogging website
- Create a Latest News website
- Set up a news aggregator on your existing website
- Create a job listings page on your business’ website
- Import the latest articles from your business’ sub-site to the main site
- Export your posts from an old website to a new one
- Check out our Use Cases for more great ideas!
What can’t I do with Feed to Post?
- Control the display of the imported posts on your site. This is completely dependant on your theme and any other template builders you may be using.
- Import the full content of more than 5 posts from feed sources that only provide an excerpt within their RSS feed. If you need that, you can use Full-Text RSS Feeds add-on in addition to Feed to Post.
- Import images from feed sources that don’t provide any within their RSS feed.
- Filter the posts being imported on the basis of keywords or tags. For this, you will need to use the Keyword Filtering add-on in addition to Feed to Post.
While using Feed to Post, the following add-ons can only be used when the Legacy Feed Items setting is checked:
This means that once you have installed Feed to Post, the shortcode system will only work if you use this setting, which disables the Feed to Post functionality for the selected sources. This means that one feed source cannot import the same items as both Feed Items and Posts at the same time.
When using Feed to Post you have complete freedom to display the imported content in any way you wish using your theme, or using any template builder. WP RSS Aggregator does not control any of the display options when using Feed to Post.
When using this add-on, the setting of categories is handled in the Taxonomies section, while the importing of images can be controlled from the Images section. Neither feature requires any other add-ons to function.
Once you install Feed to Post, any previously imported feed items will be deleted by the plugin. If you’re still unsure whether this is the add-on you require, please read our dedicated post on choosing the right add-ons for your use-case or contact our support team via a pre-sales ticket.
Purchase Feed to Post
All purchased license keys provide you with free support and updates for one (1) year. After one year, license keys need to be renewed (at a 30% discount) to keep benefitting from support and updates.